[Kdenlive-devel] General guideline as regards translation of effects

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Tue Oct 21 11:25:42 UTC 2008

> How would you translate effect such as:
> contrast0r
> equaliz0r
> distort0r
> hueshift0r
> invert0r
> Phaser
> tehroxx0r
> threshold0r
> twolay0r
> bw0r
> delay0r
> nosync0r
> pixeliz0r
> scanline0r

Houch. FreiOr cannot compile under AMD64, therefore I registered on
their ML to get access to the GIT and apply a compilation patch.

Clearly, we cannot translate these names.

> I am translating some of the effect but it is not always possible. And
> how do
> we translate effects names and parameters from mlt?

What is your point of view? I tried to translate whenever possible. We
may also choose to add project name in front of the effect and not
translate it.

Example:
LADSP blablabla
FreiOr blablabla