[Kdenlive-devel] About Kdenlive build wizard

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Mon Nov 24 15:32:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 08:24:15AM +0100, Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> > > Which kdenlive version does your wizard build? 0.7 or latest SVN one?
> > Latest SVN by default, or hand-picked revisions per component.
> > BTW there's a missing check for faac:
> > [...] --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis
> > --enable-libmp3lame --enable-x11grab --enable-libfaac
> > --enable-libfaad ERROR: libfaac not found
> Yes, I know, thats why its is disabled by default, placed under
> the "advanced tab" and the tool tip and "whats this"
> explanation says you must already have installed the needed
> libraries :-) All ffmpeg options are like that. If you have a
> reliable way of detecting the presences of a library let me
> know. Please note that is has to be reasonably quick, so e.g.
> compiling a program against the lib is a no-go.

Yeah, I thought to word this out better but was too sleepy
already (and letters in postponed tend to be forgotten often).

> > (frei0r test might also be nice? or "kitchen sink" effect? :)
> I am seriously considering adding frei0r compilation and
> installation to the wizard as an optional feature. How would
> that be?

Dunno, just apt-get installed it. :)

> > and "mad" package on my system has libmad.pc, not mad.pc
> > (still to see whether it's a problem for kdenlive itself).
> Sigh. I thought I had that nailed, but debian has mad.pc,
> OpenSUSE has nothing, and your distro (which one?)

ALT Linux

> has libmac.pc...

Well I can look into that and probably file a bug if there's
a case for renaming it ;-)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>