[Kdenlive-devel] About Kdenlive build wizard

Alberto Villa villa.alberto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 12:22:36 UTC 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008 12:10:11 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> mandag 24 November 2008 skrev Alberto Villa:
> > why not ld -lfaac -L/usr/local/lib?
>
> I guess I could add that. Would not help if  it is some non-standard place,
> but I guess you are right in that it would work for almost all cases.

you can add a -L for any non-standard place you know, but distributions should
only use /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib... any other place should have been chosen
by the user, so you can add something like an if that echoes "libfaac couldn't
be found in STANDARD paths", and maybe let the user chose a -L path if he
knows it's installed. not pretty and clean, actually :P
--
Alberto Villa <villa.alberto at gmail.com>