[Kdenlive-devel] Timeline layout discussion?

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Nov 23 19:57:57 UTC 2008

On Thursday 20 November 2008 13.08:15 reinhard wrote:

> Now I want to fade over to another scene, so I place a clip into the
> track below and apply a luma transition.

> Now PROBLEM #1 comes up, because the transition has wrong default
> direction, in this case, and I have to manually change the direction of
> the transition.
Fixed.

> Ok, going on doing some more edits.....
> Later in the process I need to add an PIP (Picture In Picture) to the
> first clip in track 0, which leads to PROBLEM #2, because actually it's
> not possible to add a new track above track 0.
> So, I've tried to add the PIP clip below of track 0 and tried the
> composite transition for this purpose, but I failed. But maybe I did
> something wrong here?
In current svn, you have a "with track" box next to the transition type. It
allows you to select on which track the transition should apply, so you can
put your transition on track 1 and say it to apply against track 0.

> However, back to PROBLEM #2:
> So, what when we finally can add new tracks to the timeline and I need
> to add a track above track 0, how is it named? Track -1 ? Or will the
> other  track numbers increased by 1, so primary track 0 becomes track 1,
> and so on...?

I agree that the track numbering is not very logical and that the 0 track
should probably be the lower video track... I will try to look at it when I
work on adding / removing tracks.

regards