[Kdenlive-devel] To close or not to close... that is the question (about old feedback issues)

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sun Nov 23 06:22:08 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Cinephiliac <bugsbane at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have issues awaiting user feedback as old as February. I'm wondering how
> many reminders we send people, and how long we let feedback items sit before
> closing them down, or do we leave them open indefinitely?

The SourceForge tracker's "Pending" status waits 2 weeks before
automatically closing it. I have used this, but I make certain to not
abuse it. Basically, if I can not reproduce it, and I think it is
specific to their environment/system, then I use it after requesting
feedback. However, if it is a segfault with some backtrace, for
example, then I would not use it even if it went unresponsive. I leave
these open in the hope someone else who sees the same problem will
comment. However, after a long while and several versions, I will
close these too as then I consider them no longer relevant.
--
+-DRD-+