[Kdenlive-devel] To close or not to close... that is the question (about old feedback issues)

Cinephiliac bugsbane at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 05:21:39 UTC 2008

We have issues awaiting user feedback as old as February. I'm wondering how
many reminders we send people, and how long we let feedback items sit before
closing them down, or do we leave them open indefinitely?

From memory, I think Launchpad (Ubuntu's bugtracker) standard is to send a
request for more info / reminder and if there's no reply after a month it gets
closed. Admittedly I'm guessing they get more bug reports filed than us. I
guess we must have less bugs. ;-)

I'm partial to wait a month, then send a reminder giving them 7 days, then
close it down.

What's everyone else's opinion on this? Whatever's decided, I'll add it to my
list of guidelines I'm collecting for a wiki page to help new updaters.

                             \o/   Let the debate begin!   \o/