[Kdenlive-devel] PAL wide profile possible PAR problem

Stéphane Téletchéa steletch at free.fr
Fri Nov 21 09:01:23 UTC 2008

----- "Dan Dennedy" <dan at dennedy.org> a écrit :

> $ inigo color:black out=37 -filter watermark:VTS_03_1.VOB
> composite.crop=-120 -consumer westley:VTS_03_1.westley
>
> and load the .westley into kdenlive as a clip.
>
> Yeah, not exactly obvious or easy to figure out. In fact, what if you
> have camcorder footage or stuff captured from analog that has rough
> edges and you simply want to apply a light cropping around the edges.
> Again, similar to above, and this needs to be easier. This is partly
> address in my ToDo, but I will add something to allow cropping
> instead
> of padding when normalizing aspect ratios.
>
> --
> +-DRD-+

Dear Dan, i tried your tip yesterday night and it seems the cropping is not correct (i may not have the latest mlt+kdenlive), since the resulting file is totally bloack (and has no sound).

The file is supposedly a PAL 16:9 DVD one so your command should be correct.

I tried to play with inigo but fail to understand its way of doing things (i do not have internet access home so i was stuck). If you have a pointer to some dock, i'd be happy to have a look at it.

Note that if i merge the 4/3 dv file and the 16/9 DVD file in kdenlive and export the whole process as a 16/9 project, the rendering is fine (the 4/3 file has band on its right and left edges, as exepected). I forgot to test the opposite, but i'll try later.

WDYT?

Thanks in advance,

Stéphane