[Kdenlive-devel] 0.7.1 Roadmap. Was: Re: Mantis update following the release of Kdenlive 0.7

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Nov 18 04:45:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg
<mads at dydensborg.dk> wrote:
> mandag 17 November 2008 skrev Dan Dennedy:
>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg

>> > 273 is something else. I have set 270 and 289 for 0.7.1. I am very much in
>> > doubt about 289. Or is this 336 ???
>> >
>> > 270: Feature Request: keyframe editor for effects like volume
>> > (http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=270)
>> >
>> > 289: Feature request : MLT and kdenlive support for keyframes, as
> independant
>> > objects (http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=289)
>> >
>> > 336: Keyframe for Every Video and Audio Effect variable in the effects
> stack
>> > (http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=336)
>>
>> 289 and 336 will not be done in MLT in time for Christmas. I have to
>> first rework the time handling in MLT, and maybe I can get that done
>> before Christmas. After that, I can implement the general keyframe
>> support in the framework. Then, it will take a while to update all
>> effects and test them. This is a mid-2009 goal for me.
>
> OK!
>
> I am happy to hear that 289 is in your plans. In that case, 336 seems
> redundant? 270 likewise?

289 might be possible as an additional UI-level thing. In MLT, I do
not plan to make a keyframe object to which multiple effects are
added. That would require too much revision to the framework. Rather,
keyframes will drive "property automation" referring to MLT
properties, specifically.

> Should we create a 0.8.0 version for 289 (with a projected release q3 2009)

I think you should use 336 instead of 289 for this

> and drop the other two?

289 - no, this might be possible as a kdenlive-specific feature, but
dependent upon 336, I believe.
270 - no, because that is simply another UI feature to edit keyframes
when lines are cumbersome

I think 270 can be done today, if desired. Certainly, 336 is dependent upon 289

--
+-DRD-+