[Kdenlive-devel] 0.7.1 Roadmap. Was: Re: Mantis update following the release of Kdenlive 0.7

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Mon Nov 17 22:08:16 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Mads Bondo Dydensborg
<mads at dydensborg.dk> wrote:
> fredag 14 November 2008 skrev jb:
>> On Wednesday 12 November 2008 23.41:55 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
>> > Personally, I think, that in order to keep momentum, the release cycle
>> > should be rather short. Perhaps aim for a Christmas release of 0.7.1?
>>
>> Yes, I agree that a short release cycle would be great. Christmas seems very
>> reasonable for a 0.7.1 release.
>
> Christmas it is then! :-)
>
> I have updated some bugs - please consult
> http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/roadmap_page.php
> for details. Below are some comments on some specific issues
>
> (Note, that I am behind on the svn commits, so some of these bugs may have
> already been fixed in SVN - I will get around to it).
>
>> * "Sticky" transitions: allow user to "attach" a transition to a clip, then
>> the transition will move with the clip. Detaching transition would also be
>> possible
>>

> I can't find this one? Do I need to create an issue for this?
>
>> * Implement the Project folder stuff (store all files relative to a project
> in
>> the project folder)
>
> Is this: 275: Create a folder for each Kdenlive project to store thumbs(audio
> & video) and titles
> http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=275
>
>> * Improve keyframe support (maybe add a keyframe editor), make all frei0r
>> effects keyframable
>> http://www.kdenlive.org:80/mantis/view.php?id=273
>
> 273 is something else. I have set 270 and 289 for 0.7.1. I am very much in
> doubt about 289. Or is this 336 ???
>
> 270: Feature Request: keyframe editor for effects like volume
> (http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=270)
>
> 289: Feature request : MLT and kdenlive support for keyframes, as independant
> objects (http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=289)
>
> 336: Keyframe for Every Video and Audio Effect variable in the effects stack
> (http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=336)

289 and 336 will not be done in MLT in time for Christmas. I have to
first rework the time handling in MLT, and maybe I can get that done
before Christmas. After that, I can implement the general keyframe
support in the framework. Then, it will take a while to update all
effects and test them. This is a mid-2009 goal for me.

--
+-DRD-+