[Kdenlive-devel] Your opinion about Blip.TV, 1024x768 resolution

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Mon Nov 17 17:41:30 UTC 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008 16.16:32 Javier Agustìn Fernàndez Arroyo wrote:
> does it imply that we (users) have to install an additional package for
> screengrabbing? (recordmydesktop)

Yes...

> i think almost all users are using ffmpeg right now for many things, so
> theres no need to install another package.. unless it offers more features
> than the current one, ot it is stabler....

Correct, most users are using FFmpeg, but screen grab through FFmpeg required
to compile FFmpeg with the "--enable-x11-grab" flag which is I think rather
uncommon...

On the feature side, recordmydesktop has some advantages, one of them is the
follow mouse feature which allows to capture a variable size zone moving with
your mouse cursor, which is I think really nice for tutorials.

> > Does this mean that you have completely removed screen grabbing through
> > ffmpeg?

Yes... it seemed to me that having 2 different programs for screen grab would
be more confusing.

regards
jb