[Kdenlive-devel] Your opinion about Blip.TV, 1024x768 resolution

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Nov 14 08:32:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 00:24 +0100, jb wrote:

> Plays perfectly fine for me, quality is really good. But I would say
> the size
> is slightly too big to fit on a standard screen... Would it be easy to
> get a
> slightly smaller size ?

Dear all,

I updated the page with two resolutions:
http://www.bulle-immobiliere.org/drupal/bliptv

I would vote for 1280x720, because:

* It allow to shoot HDV and downgrade it to HV720.
This is always a good point to watch the tutorial maker.

* We can think of gathering tutorials and relase them in h264 format,
for direct burning on a DVD or blue-ray.
This 16:9 resolution is better for watching on a flat-tv.

* We will offer direct downloads of h264 files also. Size is three times
less than flv files. So no need to restrict to 1024x768.

* 16:9 format is really neat and a clear advantage in terms of
marketing. People understant immediately that kdenlive produces quality
grabs.

So ... I am waiting for your remarks, but I start producing a tutorial
explaining howto to make quality grabs and edit them for blip.tv. This
will include a tutorial for blip.tv.

Then I hope that we can work on short and longer tutorials. Short
tutorials will be embedded in Kdenlive on-line manual. They are 30
seconds max.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel