[Kdenlive-devel] relative paths in project files

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Mon Nov 17 15:49:38 UTC 2008

fredag 14 November 2008 skrev Alberto Villa:
> On Friday 14 November 2008 09:00:55 Bugs Bane wrote:
> > Sounds like a great idea to me Alberto. Well worth filing a bug report
> > / wishlist item on at http://kdenlive.org/mantis ;-)
>
> even if i'd like to work on this on my own?

There are several reasons why you might consider creating an issue for this:

- it goes into the roadmap, which means that it is easier for jb to decide
wheter a release should wait for this
- it exposes to users that kdenlive does _not_ actually work with relative
paths &
- it exposes to users that someone (you) is working on it (at least if you
assign yourself to it)
- it tracks all discussion related to it at a central place
- it allows non-devel-list-subscribers to follow and comment on the discussion
- related to that: when you commit something, you can include a reference to
the issue, making it easier for others to test/verify your changes

Those are some arguments for creating issues. Please note, that I am a great
believer in issue-tracking, so my opinion may be heavily colored.

Against issue tracking is, amongst other things, the fact that it is more
cumbersome, and that you may not reach the audience (jb, jmpoure, dan,
others) that you wish to involve. There are likely more. I guess if you do
not want to create an issue, then don't... :-)

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

There are many gods which Christians reject. I just believe in one less god
then they do. The reasons that you might give for your atheism toward the
Roman gods are likely the same reasons I would give for not believing in
Jesus.
                               - Dan Barker