[Kdenlive-devel] Your opinion about Blip.TV, 1024x768 resolution

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Nov 14 15:59:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 16:24 +0100, jb wrote:
> Jmpoure, since you have some experience whith recordmydesktop, could
> you
> please send me a list of the useful parameters that should be
> adjustable with
> nice default values ?

I use :

recordmydesktop -width 1280 -height 720  -fps 15 \
--full-shots --follow-mouse \
-channels 1 -device hw:0,0 \
-o capture.ogv

for Alsa capture

recordmydesktop -use-jack port1 port2...
My default Jack ports are:
system:capture_1 and system:capture_2

But I don't know to which extent jack ports can be grabbed
automatically. Automatic display of Alsa ports would be nice.

Without width and height, capture is full screen.
If you don't specify follow the mouse, you need to tell
recordmydesktop  -x  X_pos  -y Y_pos

Any question?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel