[Kdenlive-devel] Your opinion about Blip.TV, 1024x768 resolution

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Fri Nov 14 14:31:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 00:24 +0100, jb wrote:
> It was http://www.bulle-immobiliere.org/drupal/bliptv
>
> Plays perfectly fine for me, quality is really good. But I would say
> the size
> is slightly too big to fit on a standard screen... Would it be easy to
> get a
> slightly smaller size ?

I published new tutorials and updated the page. Can you watch them
smoothly? The size problem of the viewer is fixed.

You can now watch in full-screen:
http://www.bulle-immobiliere.org/drupal/bliptv

As for Flash, I have problems exporting to 15 frames per second. This is
a big problem for final size. Can you analyse the bug?

It is here:
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=352

Media is provided in attachment, so that we can understand the bug and
find a solution.

I will move the tutorials to Kdenlive web site as soon as this bug is
fixed or understood.

Dan and JB: it would be a real advance to allow two-pass encoding, as
the final size would be probably much ... smaller. Screengrabs usually
do not move too much. We can find options to lower size and two-pass
encoding probably helps.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel