[Kdenlive-devel] Draft mantis policy - RFC

Bugs Bane bugsbane at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 03:59:01 UTC 2008

Oh Mighty Mantis-OverLord (tm),

May your humble servant ask for your opinion (or that of anyone else
here) on a couple of things:

1. Would I be correct in assuming that issues that require *developer*
feedback rather than *user* feedback would be best left at
"acknowledged"? I'm assuming this so that dev's can focus on just
looking at Acknowledged and Assigned (to them) statuses without
getting caught up in the mass of "Feedback Needed" issues.

2. Are all nice, but wildly ambitious features ("Make Kdenlive read
your brainscan and instantly produce the exact project you desire.")
automatically just assigned to the next release+1 (eg .7.1 now), can
they be assigned to some nebulous "future ideas" category, or should
they just be closed?

3. On a different note, I'm wondering about how normal, non-compiling
humans will be able to get the Kdenlive 0.7 release. Presumably the
KBW will continue to provide builds of the cutting edge, development
version (eg .7.1.x) and so it won't be suitable for people just
wanting a stable 0.7 release. Can we just tar.gz up the binary folder
that KBW creates and release that for specific platforms (a la
Blender) known to have dependencies in certain places? I'm probably
thinking about things way beyond the scope of my technical knowledge
here, but just as a user know that I wouldn't be using Kdenlive right
now if I didn't have an easy, compiling-free way of installing it.

PS, that RSS feed of issues is a life saver! Thanks for pointing that
out Mighty One!