[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.5 file support. Was: Re: Release plan

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Mon Nov 10 14:43:19 UTC 2008

mandag 10 November 2008 skrev Alberto Villa:

> i've just loaded my famous project (i had to create some link to old files)
> and tested the titles thing... well, it's working without any problem! no
need
> to follow your steps, no need to resave the project, to wait for thumbnails
> be created... nothing! it's just working as it is in 0.7!

As in 0.5? (Yes, I hope :-)

> the only difference between the old project and the new one derived from it
is
> that in the old one text thumbnails (in the timeline, not in the tree) are
> green (?), but in the new one they're ok... but if you:
> 1. load old file
> 2. save to new file
> 3. restart kdenlive
> 4. load new file
> 5. close new file and load old one
> -> thumbnails are black
> but this is really not a problem

OK!

I do *not* like they disappear - I do think there is an issue for that though,
that we decided to postpone to 0.7.1 (I was in favor for that). I am not sure
everything is OK, but it is very nice, if it has improved.

> > I am about to commence work on the slideshows. Will post when I have
> > something working.
>
> unfortunately i can't help on this, i have no slideshow in my old file...

I have a copy of a *huge* project that has a slideshow from Albert ARIBAUD. I
was hoping to get it working this weekend, but I lack time. Will work on it,
but I do not think I will be able to make it for tomorrow.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

So the lesson of BBC is that if you're misleading about whether the
government misled you into war, management must resign. What about the
simpler case --  you're just misleading about going to war?

            - Lawrence Lessig (30.01.2004) on BBC and the Iraqi war