[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.5 file support. Was: Re: Release plan

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Sat Nov 8 14:10:13 UTC 2008

lørdag 08 November 2008 skrev Alberto Villa:
> On Friday 07 November 2008 14:42:29 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> > Would be nice if you already now could test against 2616, which contains
> > some fixes for kdenlive 0.5 loading (if you did not already test).
>
> with 2635 i can't load my project, i'm rebuilding kdenlive and mlt with
debug
> symbols (i had forgot to do it) to check the problem

OK - I just commited some changes (2636) that supports loading the text clips
I have.

Here is what I usually do:

a) start kdenlive
b) disable all audio thumbnails and normalization
c) load my old kdenlive 0.5 file
d) wait, wait, wait for it to be absolutely totally done loading
e) save the file under a new name
f) stop kdenlive
g) start kdenlive
h) load the newly created file
i) wait again
j) Right click each title in the project tree, edit it, click ok

step j should update the title clip, because I have been unable to force it to
update. I have a problem where j crashes for me, but it seems that is general
problem with my setup (which I am also working on).

I am about to commence work on the slideshows. Will post when I have something
working.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

United States Patent 6,368,227:
A method of swing on a swing is disclosed, in which a user positioned on a
standard swing suspended by two chains from a substantially horizontal tree
branch induces side to side motion by pulling alternately on one chain and
then the other.
            -- This is not a joke - go look it up.