[Kdenlive-devel] KDEnlive aspect ratio

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Fri Nov 7 16:25:49 UTC 2008

fredag 07 November 2008 skrev el jefe delito:

> Also in the past, for KDEnlive 0.5 and maybe the 0.6-SVN builds, I had this
in my .bashrc which i just realized may be affecting things, or not; does
this still do anything for the current revision of KDEnlive or MLT?  I think
it was there per a suggestion by Dan Dennedy when I was having other aspect
ratio issues:
> > export MLT_NORMALISATION=NTSC
> > alias kdenlive='MLT_NORMALISATION=NTSC kdenlive'

You should definitively not have this stuff in kdenlive. It _might_ have an
effect on various things that should now be handled entirely through the
profile system.

> Just to help speed up the process, I have created a new bug since I wasn't
able to attach sample video to bug 245 (it was closed), but now I don't have
small enough files to upload so I'll have to do that later also.
> http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=313

OK - if you can them online somewhere, I do not mind downloading them.

> Also I notice that the aspect ratio is correct in Kino, but opening a .dv
file in Kaffeine makes it look wrong just as it did in KDEnlive, so maybe the
footage/capture has issues and not KDEnlive after all?

There is an explanation of this in issue 245 - its to do with producers not
setting the correct aspect ratio in the containers (I think).

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

In a stinging rebuke, a federal judge Monday ruled Microsoft Corp. violated
the nation's antitrust laws by using its monopoly power in personal computer
operating systems to stifle competition.
                        - CNN Financial News April 03, 2000: 7:53 p.m. ET