[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.5 file support. Was: Re: Release plan

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Fri Nov 7 14:42:29 UTC 2008

fredag 07 November 2008 skrev Alberto Villa:

[Kdenlive 0.5 support]

> > I heartily second that, and offer to test-run whatever changes you do (I
> > have a heavy 0.5 slide-show with titles which causes 0.7 do burst in
> > flames every time I try to load it on a Pentium 4 machine with 2 GB RAM
> > although it does load in 0.5 (but 0.5 has rendering issues with it).
>
> i'm also available to test this feature, i have a 0.5 project with video,
> pictures, audio and lots of titles which used to have some big problem with
> 0.7 (on freebsd, but that shouldn't count)

Would be nice if you already now could test against 2616, which contains some
fixes for kdenlive 0.5 loading (if you did not already test).

Titles is a missing feature, but it would be great to know what more that does
not work.

I would be interessted in your feedback and findings. Also, I have personally
tried this approach (but you should feel free to try others):

- start kdenlive 0.7
- load kdenlive 0.5 project
- save project to new filename (new.kdenlive)
- restart kdenlive 0.7
- load just saved project (new.kdenlive)
- play around.

I am very happy to hear that others are interessted in trying to improve this.
I am almost certain that we can not fix everything - I am unsure how to fix a
number of effects, but we can try to get as much as possibly to work before
Tuesday.

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

I think that there are no forces on this planet more dangerous to us all
than the fanaticisms of fundamentalism, of all the species: Protestantism,
Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism, as well as countless
smaller infections. Is there a conflict between science and religion here?
There most certainly is.
                                - Daniel C. Dennett (Darwin's Dangerous Idea)