[Kdenlive-devel] KDE crash on opening project or adding file

Peter Savage silentkeystroke at googlemail.com
Thu May 8 11:18:01 UTC 2008

2008/5/8 Jared Henley <jared.henley at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I've built kdenlive from svn revision 2167 (with a small patch, posted to
> this list).  On running it, it crashed immediately with no error messages on
> the terminal, but it did appear to be loading the project.  I then tried
> creating a new project, which was fine until I attempted to add a clip.
> Kdenlive then crashed again with no error messages on the terminal, but it
> was able to tell me the number of frames in the clip (see below)
>
> kdenlive: Getting file PROPS: /home/pj/dada07-finished/untitled.dv,
> DURATON: 279
> kdenlive: /// GTE TMB, 69, 38, FRAME SIZE: 720, 576
> KCrash: Application 'kdenlive' crashing...
> KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.

Can you get us a back trace? Run it like this
gdb kdenlive

then type start <enter>
then you'll have to press Enter if instructed.....if it just sits there,
type continue <enter> in to the terminal window Keep doing this until you
see a segfault on the terminal session
once you see that
type bt <enter>
Then we should get a backtrace of what is happening.

> Is this a known problem?  Any solutions?

Pete Savage - cbx33::silentk
wiki.ubuntu.com/PeteSavage