[Kdenlive-devel] Compilation problem

JM Herrera herrej01 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 21:09:40 UTC 2008

Hi all,

after some weeks away from my computer, I came back last weekend to
install the new Ubuntu version 8.04.

As I did a "clean" installation from scratch, I also needed to install
all programs again and, obviously, also Kdenlive.

To do that I used the last version of the builder script - graphic
version and everything went well until I receive an error while
compiling krender.cpp

Having a look at the file, I noticed an include that seems wrong for me:

// ffmpeg Header files

extern "C" {
#include <ffmpeg/avformat.h>
}

In my computer I've found avformat.h in two
places: /usr/include/libavformat and /usr/src/ffmpeg/libavformat
(usr/src is where I installed ffmpeg sources). So I understand this
include should use the right directory (ffmpeg/avformat) or even better,
avoid directory information and let cmake find the headers in the
"standard" include dir.

I removed in my source file the reference to the ffmpeg directory,
leaving as:

// ffmpeg Header files

extern "C" {
#include <avformat.h>
}

And afterwards the program compiles with no errors.

Can somebody confirm if my view is OK or I'm doing something wrong ?

Best regards.
JM