[Kdenlive-devel] Wrong video lenght

Martin Wegener killer-Bob at web.de
Mon Mar 31 16:53:36 UTC 2008

> Martin, look at Avidemux. It is kind of a mencoder user friendly GUI,
> sometimes compared to VirtualDub; google around there is a plenty of
> nice manuals with screenshots on the web. I use Avidemux as a pre
> process and post process tool for Kdenlive.
> As Jorge suggested pick copy method in left panel for both audio and
> video and DVD VOB as a target format. You can keep other values as
> default. And then just save the video.
> You can split video there to smaller pieces if it does not fit into the
> one DVD media (it could do the split automatically I am not sure here)
> If you choose "copy" method you cannot reduce bit ratio to reduce file
> size, you can just split the video to smaller chunks.
> Hope it helps
> Espinosa

Thanks Espinosa, I guess I'll try Avidemux next time I 'm going to cut such a long movie...
But finally I got it working, this is what I did:

I rerendered the project with these settings:
format=avi video_rc_min_rate=0 video_bit_rate=2850000 audio_bit_rate=128000 frequency=32000 size=720x576 vcodec=mpeg4 mbd=2 trell=1 v4mv=1 progressive=1
I got a avi file, containing the whole video and the correct video length  was detected.
After that I used qdvdauthor to build a dvd with a menu (btw. never use any mutated vowels, this causes an error when qdvdauthor starts dvdauthor).
When qdvdauthor was done, I got a 8.2 GB dvd on my computer.
Because of the size I used k9copy to reduce it and to get it on one DVD5.
(If someone has problems using k9copy, dont worry. Kepping the original menu wasn't possible for me on Ubuntu 7.1, but on 8.04 ;) )

Now I got the DVD5 working in my standalone with a dvd menu. That's what I've been looking for :)
Thanks everybody!
M. Wegener