[Kdenlive-devel] Wrong video lenght

espinosa_cz espinosa_cz at centrum.cz
Sat Mar 29 21:51:37 UTC 2008

Martin Wegener wrote:

>> Martin Wegener a écrit :
>>
>>> I dont know what to do now. The fact is, I do need this video on a dvd, with that dvd menu made by qdvdauthor.
>>> What am I doing wrong, what can I change, to get 3 1/4 hours on to one DVD-5?
>>>

>> As a silly workaround, to get a fast good result, you should use
>> mencoder, or directly ffmpeg to correct the container without recoding
>> each time.
>>
>> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -of mpeg should give a good result to k3b
>>

> Thanks for your answer, but I dont exaclty now how to use mencoder.
> Can I use mencoder to reduce the file size to  4.2GB and to get k3b, qdvdauthor, kaffeine an the other programs to detect the duration correctly?

Martin, look at Avidemux. It is kind of a mencoder user friendly GUI,
sometimes compared to VirtualDub; google around there is a plenty of
nice manuals with screenshots on the web. I use Avidemux as a pre
process and post process tool for Kdenlive.
As Jorge suggested pick copy method in left panel for both audio and
video and DVD VOB as a target format. You can keep other values as
default. And then just save the video.
You can split video there to smaller pieces if it does not fit into the
one DVD media (it could do the split automatically I am not sure here)
If you choose "copy" method you cannot reduce bit ratio to reduce file
size, you can just split the video to smaller chunks.
Hope it helps
Espinosa