[Kdenlive-devel] auto rescale imported still images (feature request)

robcanning robcanning at eircom.net
Sat Mar 8 09:24:12 UTC 2008

José Jorge wrote:
> robcanning wrote:
>
>> while i am at it...
>>
>> perhaps i am importing still images incorrectly but i recently added a
>> couple of dozen 2.2 MB still images into my kdenlive project which it
>> didn't seem to like at all.
>> perhaps kdenlive should auto resize images on import to the correct
>> resolution (768 x 576 pixels?) ?
>> at the moment i have to do a manual batch convert with imagemagick's
>> [mogrify] command (which is fine but perhaps not very newbie friendly)
>>

> Digikam as example does it in a newbie friendly way.If kdenlive did this
> resize, it would have to write this files somewhere. And what size? You
> may need to render in a bigger size latter.

thanks for the pointer - digikam is a handy app indeed
> I use Kdenlive to make a stopmotion movie this way :
>
> -still images are big, and Digikam allows me to convert them to a
> smaller size to allow Kdenlive to show them a 25fps.
>
> -on final editing, replace low end images by big ones, and wait a week
> for rendering ;-)

yes this is what i was initially thinking about - then after reading a
bit realized that anything over 768 x 576 (or similar) would give no
benefit? am i wrong about this? I don't really understand this still
image resolution in video thing... from what i see, final cut resizes
images on import too.
thanks
rob c