[Kdenlive-devel] auto rescale imported still images (feature request)

José Jorge lists.jjorge at free.fr
Tue Mar 4 21:35:29 UTC 2008

robcanning wrote:
> while i am at it...
>
> perhaps i am importing still images incorrectly but i recently added a
> couple of dozen 2.2 MB still images into my kdenlive project which it
> didn't seem to like at all.
> perhaps kdenlive should auto resize images on import to the correct
> resolution (768 x 576 pixels?) ?
> at the moment i have to do a manual batch convert with imagemagick's
> [mogrify] command (which is fine but perhaps not very newbie friendly)

Digikam as example does it in a newbie friendly way.If kdenlive did this
resize, it would have to write this files somewhere. And what size? You
may need to render in a bigger size latter.

I use Kdenlive to make a stopmotion movie this way :

-still images are big, and Digikam allows me to convert them to a
smaller size to allow Kdenlive to show them a 25fps.

-on final editing, replace low end images by big ones, and wait a week
for rendering ;-)