[Kdenlive-devel] translation

Marco Gittler g.marco at freenet.de
Tue Jul 8 06:29:54 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, 8. Juli 2008 schrieb Salvatore Brigaglia:
> Hi all. Some weeks ago i was really sad about the situation about kdenlive.
> No working progress for the long-time promised 0.6 version so i wasn't
> following the list very much because i didn't want to build kde4 version.
> Also i thought that kde4 version wasn't able either to run so no works for
> translators like me.  Some days ago i decided to switch definitely to kde4,
> with the help of splendid opensuse 11.0 and then tried to build kde4
> version ok kdenlive:
>
> stunning
>
> Thank you very much, very very much!

nice that you could test the kde4 version
> I'm building with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug. Is it correct to build a
> version that will help to find bugs?
>
> Are you in the stage where bug hunting can be made or it is too early?
>
> How can i update the kdenlive.pot file to find new strings after a "svn
> up"?
in the "ROOT" svn dir, there is a Messages.sh

execute this by :
./Messages.sh

after that in the po dir the kdenlive.pot is updated.

now in the po dir, call:
sh /messages-merge.sh

all language dirs should now be the last version of string in kdenlive.
only german is translated until now.
for new langs simple create a dir in the po dir:

mkdir fr

and copy the "kdenlive.pot" to "fr/kdenlive.po"

copy also the CMakeLists.txt (like in the german dir) and change the language

after all you should update the CMakeLists.txt in the po dir, to add the new
language.

now after transalting and compiling, you should have kdenlive in your
language.

i hope this was understandable and works for you ;)

regards marco