[Kdenlive-devel] I am happy to report successful build and usage of kdenlive tonight

Jeffrey Thomas eljefedelito at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:14:09 UTC 2008

> You should
> remove the packaged versions of mlt and mlt++ if you want to continue.
> It's easy to just reinstall packages later if you need to, right?

Yes, it is; I have removed them (apt-get removed KDEnlive, KDEnlive-data, libmlt, libmlt++, libmlt-data, and some others were pulled off with these) and now I fail with the building of KDEnlive at a different point.  None of the previous sources exist on my computer apart from these.

I also don't write or maintain the script but I'll have a look at it later this evening to see if I can somehow learn what is going wrong.  This failure may just be due to changes in the source over the last few days, so it may not build as cleanly as it did for those few days (for others, never for myself yet).

Thank you all for the work on these applications and libraries, and for the support getting it to (eventually) build on my system!  It is very much appreciated, even if I am still unable to use the app.

Here are my current source levels:
ffmpeg 11927
MLT 1071
MLT++ 1071
KDEnlive 1832

and my failure:
[ 38%] Generating transitionpip_ui.moc.cpp
[ 39%] Generating transitionwipe_ui.h
[ 40%] Generating transitionwipe_ui.cpp
[ 40%] Generating transitionwipe_ui.moc.cpp
[ 40%] Generating fixplaylist_ui.cpp
[ 40%] Generating fixplaylist_ui.moc.cpp
[ 40%] Generating kdenlivesettings.cpp
Scanning dependencies of target kdenlive
[ 40%] Building CXX object kdenlive/CMakeFiles/kdenlive.dir/avfilelist.o
[ 40%] Building CXX object kdenlive/CMakeFiles/kdenlive.dir/aviconviewitem.o
In file included from /home/eljefe/try080213/src/kdenlive/kdenlive/docclipbase.h:34,
                 from /home/eljefe/try080213/src/kdenlive/kdenlive/docclipavfile.h:25,
                 from /home/eljefe/try080213/src/kdenlive/kdenlive/aviconviewitem.cpp:19:
/home/eljefe/try080213/src/kdenlive/kdenlive/kthumb.h:28:23: error: mlt++/Mlt.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [kdenlive/CMakeFiles/kdenlive.dir/aviconviewitem.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kdenlive/CMakeFiles/kdenlive.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
eljefe at eljefe-desktop:~/try080213$