[Kdenlive-devel] Bug handling (was website changes)

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Sun Dec 21 21:17:49 UTC 2008

fredag 19 December 2008 skrev Jean-Michel Pouré:

> For example, as you discussed bug report rules,
> it would be nice when time permits to add
> bug report rules.
>
> Maybe on this page:
> http://www.kdenlive.org/bug-reports

I had a look at this. Allow me to reiterate. We have two sides to bug
handling:

a) the user side
b) the devel/updater side

I wrote a policy for b), which I think we are mostly sticking to. I think
Cinephiliac wrote some more info about a) at some point, mostly technical
stuff about backtraces, versions, things like that? I can not locate/find it
at the website though.

I think we should organize the information into two as well. a) should go into
http://www.kdenlive.org/bug-reports - but should we add the stuff Cinephiliac
wrote about versions and that sort of thing? (Yes, please).

b) should probably not go into http://www.kdenlive.org/bug-reports, but either
under the developer section, or directly on mantis?

Or, what is your thoughts?

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

deserve neither liberty nor safety.

               - Ben Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759