[Kdenlive-devel] Footage page

Cinephiliac bugsbane at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 04:54:39 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 05:46:00 Salvatore Brigaglia wrote:
> On mercoledì 17 dicembre 2008 10:17:25 Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> > I added a footage page on Kdenlive web site:
> > http://www.kdenlive.org/developer-manual/footage
> Do you intend to create a re-usable clip repository to share clips everyone
> can use on their videos (like backgrounds, panoramas and such) or a repository
> for test-clips?

A reusable repository would be amazing, although I don't know what our bandwidth limits are. Inkscape actually has an "Import from openclipart.org" option in the file menu where you can just enter a keyword and see thumbnails come up. If you click on one and click insert it instant;y appears on the page (*ahem* timeline?). Possibly even some hosting site that allows downloads (such as Blip.tv) could take care of bandwidth.

This would be a stunning addition, unlike anything I've seen. I suspect though that without some web services savvy person overseeing this that it would divert important resources away from Kdenlive's core mission of providing a powerful, easy to use editing suite with stable core features.

Great idea though!