[Kdenlive-devel] AVCHD/h264 decoding benchmarking

Jean-Michel Pouré jm at poure.com
Wed Dec 17 19:12:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 10:43 -0800, Dan Dennedy wrote:
> configure with --enable-pthreads and run ffplay with the -threads
> option followed by the number of worker threads to use. It will still
> keep a decoder control thread and separate reader/output threads, all
> of which are fairly light, so it is a good idea to use (#cores - 1)
> for the worker threads.

Ah ... this skiploop is not documented.

ffplay -skiploop 48 -threads 2 avchd-test-1.mts works very well.

By the way, FFmpeg developers suggested that we do not decode B frames
during viewing. I don't know is this can apply to Kdenlive.

So Kdenlive is really AVCHD compliant. Good news. I am really pleased.
Thanks.

Jean-Michel