[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive packaging policies

opensourcecat opensourcecat at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:32:52 UTC 2008

On mercoledì 17 dicembre 2008 19:20:56 Dan Dennedy wrote:
> I understand his request for differing so-names on different mlt
> packages. Currently, it does not do this, but I need to justify the
> effort to making a change. What is the meaning of stable and unstable
> here? Are they simply different releases or is it latest release vs.
> unreleased trunk versions? Why is it necessary or desirable to have
> two versions in the repo?

Currently, mlt on packman is 0.3.2

-unstable will be a (kind of) weekly svn build which will come automatically
(and removing the stable packages) when chosing to install the kdenlive-
unstable (also a kind of weekly svn snapshot).

If you think that mlt's svn can be stable enough (like FFmpeg, whom devs
suggest to use svn IICRC) to build svn snapshot and call them stable let me
know.
I'm doing that with the hope to save you some time.