[Kdenlive-devel] patch to check filter validity

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Wed Dec 17 08:59:52 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 05.42:00 Stephen Sinclair wrote:
> I found that sometimes kdenlive would crash on me and running under
> gdb it seemed that it was because it was trying to set a property of a
> filter where the "instance" member was zero.  I saw that the krender.c
> code does not check whether filters are valid after it creates them,
> so the attached patch seemed to help.

First, thanks for the patch. However, you submitted a patch against an old
version of Kdenlive which is not supported anymore (Kdenlive 0.5 or 0.6).

Please consider upgrading to the latest version. I committed a fix against
current svn that is based on your patch, so this should solve the problem for
the upcoming 0.7.1 release.

regards
jb