[Kdenlive-devel] Bug 323: Redesign the render dialog

Mads Bondo Dydensborg mads at dydensborg.dk
Mon Dec 15 07:45:47 UTC 2008

Hi all

It looks as JB is on top of most of the bugs in the 0.7.1 roadmap (as opposed
to e.g. me, which needs to give some mantis reports some more love).

One exception might be bug 323, which is more or less a redesign of the render
dialog. I think this needs more thinking (and discussion) about the GUI than
actual coding?

Perhaps a usuability wizard is lurking on this list, and would like to create
some mockups for general discussion?

Whenever I try to look at it, I quickly end up in some "Wizard" thinking. I've
tried to partition the tasks after various guidelines, mostly centered around
the question of "What is the user trying to achieve", and I end up in a
very "target" oriented thinking, but designing GUI's is not a strong feature
of me.

One could imagine a person with a strong visual experience firering up
qt-designer, and do some rough mockups to get something to discuss from. Any
volunteers?

Regards

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg   mads at dydensborg.dk   http://www.madsdydensborg.dk/

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to
say it.
  - Beatrice Hall [pseudonym: S.G. Tallentyre], 1907 (many times wrongfully
    attributed to Voltaire)