[Kdenlive-devel] [Openmovieeditor-users] www.linuxvideo.org (?) to bring the world of linuxvideo together....!!?!

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Dec 11 18:01:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré <jm at poure.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 14:32 -0800, Dan Dennedy wrote:
>> I do not believe I ever ran across that, but I do think it is very
>> straightforward and a good start. Unfortunately, I could not find
>> anything about its webmaster if we want to make contact. I suggest we
>> nominate additional sites along the same line just to see what else. I
>> do not know anything better. There is a list that is for "graphics"
>> but dead as well as this forum:
>>
>> http://forums.creativecow.net/forum/linuxmedia
>
> Kdenlive is a Free software community. We do not accept commercial or
> marketing buzz for non-existent websites. On Kdenlive website, I will

You did not like my link to creativecow.net? I was just pointing it
out to be comprehensive. More than anything it shows the slim
offerings today for something application agnostic. IOW, it is a bad
example in the midst of very few examples.

> add a link page to well-known GNU/Linux projects like MLT, FFMPEG and
> Kino. For me this is enough.
>
> We have marvelous tools to build a great community here and I don't
> understand posts that start with "Hey it's crap"

I have been quite sensitive and defensive to web postings that do
this. However, I did not get that impression from his post. To me it
was very respectful commentary.

> and then redirect you to forums from companies.

That was me, but I was wondering why you got so upset about this
thread. Then, I visited linuxvideo.org and now I wonder if you did
too. If you did not, then no need to do so now - it redirects to a
site that sells sexual enhancement pharmaceuticals. I do not believe
it was intentional on his part considering the level of detail in his
original post and his continued participation.

--
+-DRD-+