[Kdenlive-devel] kdenlive crash at startup

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Sat Aug 9 12:58:02 UTC 2008

On Saturday 09 August 2008 14:44:21 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:
> lørdag 09 August 2008 skrev Jared Henley:
> > Finally archlinux has kde4.1 so I can build kdenlive4.  But I get at
> > crash at startup with this info:

This is because you have the Qt3 version of MLT's qimage producer. If you
compiled MLT by yourself, try updating MLT and rerun configure so that it can
compile the Qt4 version of Qimage. Then make clean & recompile Kdenlive.

As a simpler workaround, you can just remove the qimage producer by deleting
file:
/usr/local/lib/mlt/libmltqimage.so

Kdenlive should start after this. Images will be using the Gtk backend, so
Kdenlive should be usable that way.

Many users are having this trouble, we should probably find a way to detect
this problem but currently I don't have time or a good idea on how to solve
it.

regards
jb