[Kdenlive-devel] blue screen during plaback

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Aug 6 03:27:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:06 PM, jb <jb at kdenlive.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 August 2008 18:48:17 Johannes Wilm wrote:
>> -- "*.mts" added to lit of acceptable movie clip file extensions, so those
>> files show up in the file opening dialogue.
>
> I am not sure how to solve that in the best way. KDE file dialogs need mime
> types, and currently the "mts" extension is not attached to any mime type. You
> can easily solve it on your system by doing the following:
>
> Go to Kde system settings->advanced->file associations
>
> Choose the video/mpeg type and add extension *.mts to the list of filename
> patterns.

I see you tried to add HDV and DV options in projectlist.cpp, but they
do not appear in my dialog, and apparantly not for others. My file
associations has a video/dv but not a video/x-dv because Kino has
added it that way using freedesktop.org shared-mime-info. I forget why
I used that MIME type for Kino, maybe because of RFC 3189, maybe
because of Totem's thumbnailer for Nautilus. Maybe add video/dv as
well, it shouldn't hurt. Consult freedesktop.org shared-mime-info if
you decide to register MIME types during the kdenlive install.

--
+-DRD-+