[Kdenlive-devel] blue screen during plaback

Johannes Wilm j at indymedia.no
Tue Aug 5 16:48:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:

> Would you please send the output of 'xvinfo' ? That will give us more
> of an explanation.

$ xvinfo
X-Video Extension version
2.2
screen

  Adaptor #0: "Intel(R) Video
Overlay"
    number of ports:
1
    port base:
85
    operations supported:
PutImage
    supported
visuals:
      depth 24, visualID
0x23
      depth 24, visualID
0x24
      depth 24, visualID
0x25
      depth 24, visualID
0x26
      depth 24, visualID
0x27
      depth 24, visualID
0x28
      depth 24, visualID
0x29
      depth 24, visualID
0x2a
    number of attributes:
12
      "XV_COLORKEY" (range 0 to
16777215)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
66046)
      "XV_BRIGHTNESS" (range -128 to
127)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
0)
      "XV_CONTRAST" (range 0 to
255)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
64)
      "XV_SATURATION" (range 0 to
1023)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
128)
      "XV_DOUBLE_BUFFER" (range 0 to
1)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
1)
      "XV_PIPE" (range -1 to
1)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
-1)
      "XV_GAMMA0" (range 0 to
16777215)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
526344)
      "XV_GAMMA1" (range 0 to
16777215)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
1052688)
      "XV_GAMMA2" (range 0 to
16777215)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
2105376)
      "XV_GAMMA3" (range 0 to
16777215)
              client settable
attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is
4210752)
      "XV_GAMMA4" (range 0 to
16777215)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 8421504)
      "XV_GAMMA5" (range 0 to 16777215)
              client settable attribute
              client gettable attribute (current value is 12632256)
    maximum XvImage size: 1920 x 1088
    Number of image formats: 4
      id: 0x32595559 (YUY2)
        guid: 59555932-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
        bits per pixel: 16
        number of planes: 1
        type: YUV (packed)
      id: 0x32315659 (YV12)
        guid: 59563132-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
        bits per pixel: 12
        number of planes: 3
        type: YUV (planar)
      id: 0x30323449 (I420)
        guid: 49343230-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
        bits per pixel: 12
        number of planes: 3
        type: YUV (planar)
      id: 0x59565955 (UYVY)
        guid: 55595659-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71
        bits per pixel: 16
        number of planes: 1
        type: YUV (packed)

> Johannes, how is the performance? I don't expect it to be so hot with
> 1080 AVCHD alone not to mention with no Xv. How many cores do you
> have? If you have more than one you might also try setting env var
> "MLT_AVFORMAT_THREADS=2" for multi-threaded decoding.

It's a Macbook, so that would make it two. I get about 4 pictures/second
using this setting, but the sound is close to playing smoothly.

I've set up pretty much according to
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook and so I have an xorg.conf that
doesn't specify the video driver:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Things necessary for getting Kdenlive to run wit AVCHD (for me) are:

-- no crashing when cutting an mts-file
-- "*.mts" added to lit of acceptable movie clip file extensions, so those
files show up in the file opening dialogue.
And of course, if I'm not running XV yet, that as well (I thought blue
screen meant it's XV?)
--
Johannes Wilm
http://www.johanneswilm.org