[Kdenlive-devel] blue screen during plaback

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Aug 5 16:17:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:34 AM, Johannes Wilm <j at indymedia.no> wrote:
> that worked!
>
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Johannes Wilm <j at indymedia.no> wrote:
>> >  ok, I just updated ffmpeg, mlt, mlt++, kdenlive (KDE4) to lastest SVN.
>> > I do
>> > see this config-page, and I can switch the video driver. But in the list
>> > of
>> > available drivers, XV isn't listed, and if I choose X11, I still get the
>> > bluescreen.
>>
>> Did you try?
>>
>> $ SDL_VIDEO_YUV_HWACCEL=0 kdenlive

Would you please send the output of 'xvinfo' ? That will give us more
of an explanation.

JB, can you add an option to your video driver selection UI that will
set this variable? I am thinking separate X11 and XVideo entries will
suffice.

Johannes, how is the performance? I don't expect it to be so hot with
1080 AVCHD alone not to mention with no Xv. How many cores do you
have? If you have more than one you might also try setting env var
"MLT_AVFORMAT_THREADS=2" for multi-threaded decoding.
--
+-DRD-+