[Kdenlive-devel] Contributor / developer howtos ?

Marco Gittler g.marco at freenet.de
Thu Apr 24 07:38:24 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2008 schrieb Albert ARIBAUD:
> Hi folks,
>
> My wife and myself use kdenlive quite a lot, for producing DVDs of
> family/holiday pictures/movies. I am currently converting our 0.5
> .kdenlive projects to 0.6.
nice to hear

> I noticed a couple of regression issues in 0.6 and/or plain 0.5 bugs)
> that I put in the bugtracker (but haven't raised in the forums or in
> this list) and being a SW guy, I thought I could help with debugging,
> even maybe fixing :), them, and also documentation (as I have first-hand
> user feedbck from my non-geek wife).
you can help developing if you want.
first you can send patches (if you made a fix) here, or if it is more often,
and you want active develop kdenlive, we could put you into the developers
list. help is always welcome.

> However, I haven't found (on the website or in the source tree) the
> information on how to contribute to kdenlive as a developer (i.e.
> registering as a dev, what format and where the patches should
> submitted, etc).
>
> Can someone give me pointers to howtos?

no there is now such howto AFAIK.
change the svn source tree with your fixes, and make a
svn diff kdenlive/krenderer.cpp (f.e.)

and post the output as a patch file here, so we can review this and apply this
into the svn tree.

regards marco