[Kdenlive-devel] AAC sound issues

Kosta Welke kosta at fillibach.de
Thu Oct 25 18:57:33 UTC 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:29:34 +0200, Dan Dennedy <dan at dennedy.org> wrote:

> One issue is that the ffmpeg against which mlt is built is not
> necessarily the same as used by the ffmpeg command, mplayer, or the
> xine-lib for kaffeine. They can all and often use their own copy of
> ffmpeg libs. Another issue is that ffmpeg does not have a native aac
> decoder relying upon libfaad instead. Therefore, it appears that on
> computer 2, mlt's ffmpeg module does not have faad configured. To
> figure this out, assuming you built mlt yourself on computer 2, go
> into the mlt source directory and look at the last line in config.log
> and send it here.

Appearently, that was the problem. After installing a manual ffmpeg,
ffplay was able to output sound, but kdenlive wasnt. inigo (mlt framework
test player) wasnt installed, apparently, it doesnt ship with the mlt
package. I used the kdenlive_builder script to build a local version of
kdenlive, and there ffplay also was not capable to play the aac sound on
my mp4 file. After I modified the build script to enable libfaac and
libx264, it worked however. problem solved :)

Thanks for all suggestions,
Kosta