[Kdenlive-devel] AAC sound issues

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Oct 25 05:29:34 UTC 2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 2:51 PM, Kosta Welke wrote:

>> Right, I'm not 100% sure if this will help you, but, try installing
>> ffmpeg manually on your ubuntu installation.  I'm using Ubuntu
>> myself,
>> and every
>> time I do a fresh install of it, I encounter codec/encoding problems
>> until I do this.
>
> First of all, thanks for your help. I tried it and unfortunately,
> it did
> not help. kdenlive 0.5 still cant recognize the AAC audio stream on
> ubuntu
> 7.10.
>
> Is there any way (other than debugging) to find out which codecs are
> recognized by kdenlive? Am I right assuming that as kdenlive is
> based on
> the mlt framework, i need to check if mlt recognizes the right codecs?

One issue is that the ffmpeg against which mlt is built is not
necessarily the same as used by the ffmpeg command, mplayer, or the
xine-lib for kaffeine. They can all and often use their own copy of
ffmpeg libs. Another issue is that ffmpeg does not have a native aac
decoder relying upon libfaad instead. Therefore, it appears that on
computer 2, mlt's ffmpeg module does not have faad configured. To
figure this out, assuming you built mlt yourself on computer 2, go
into the mlt source directory and look at the last line in config.log
and send it here.