[Kdenlive-devel] incorrect video file fixing?

Jeffrey Thomas eljefedelito at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:54:34 UTC 2007

I have filed a bug about my bad exports:
  http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=23
but I would be interested to know which format works best for KDEnlive and if there is a way to reencode any footage into the 'best' format.

A script would be best for batch-reencoding, but however -- I just want to get to work on my footage with proper exports.

Currently, any RawDV footage that I import via Kino exports from KDEnlive incorrectly (wrong footage and unsynced audio for high-quality exports; any mpg or mp4 exports look flat and kinda stretched left-and-right, also wrong footage and unsynced audio), and the AVI-type2 footage that I import in Kino exports incorrectly as well (with high-quality exports the file looks tall, not widescreen as it was shot, also wrong footage and unsynced audio; not tested with medium-quality export options).  This is with the SVN build from yesterday (Sun the 21st October), which also build (via the script) the MLT and FFMPEG svn's.  Everything looks fine on the Timeline during the editing process.

>I was told that some rendered output may not function correctly with the
>DV-type2 footage which I imported in Kino for use in Kdenlive (my output
>files were all wrong)  So I was wondering, how can I reencode or fix these
>files at a command line so that they will have the proper time stamps or
>whatever, so that Kdenlive can handle the files correctly?

(note the above referred to AVI-type2 even though the files were actually RawDV; regardless, I am still looking for the proper encoding for all files to be used correctly...)

Any tips would be appreciated.  Tonight I hope to make a screencapture of what the Timeline sees and what the export is.

Jeffrey