[Kdenlive-devel] AAC sound issues

Kosta Welke kosta at fillibach.de
Sun Oct 21 19:27:40 UTC 2007

Hi all!

Sorry to bug your developers list, but i didnt find a -users list, so here
i am.

I have kdenlive installed on 2 computers: the svn version on computer 1
(running archlinux) and version 0.5 computer 2 (running ubuntu 7.10).

On computer 1, editing .mp4 files works fine. On computer 2, sound output
doesnt work with my mp4 clips. According to computer 1, the clips
properties are:

Video Codec: h.264
Audio Codec: AAC

On the other computer, there is no text in the line after "Audio Codec:".
So I guess kdenlive doesnt find the proper codec. It works, however, in
players such as mplayer, Kaffeine, etc. (And i really installed about
every codec package i could find)

Is there a way to enable debug output? Then I could find out which codecs
are recognized, with which codecs it tried to decode the audio stream, or
where else the problem could lie.

Was there any change in the svn version to enable AAC audio output? Or is
it more likely some of my codecs are out of date?

Thanks for your time,

Kosta