[Kdenlive-devel] DV-type2 file fixing?

el jefe delito eljefedelito at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:20:13 UTC 2007

>Why convert .dv to .dv? You said you had problematic AVI, and my suggestion
>was only for the problematic AVIs.
The original files were DV-type2 and had an extension of .dv.  I took what
you had suggested me and adapted it for my files.

>Are you certain that the original .dv files were really Raw DV? What
created
>them?
No, they were (AFAIK) DV-type2 files, I thought.  That is how I meant to
capture them, but yes the extension is a bit suspect.  I captured/created
them in Kino.  Here is a file listing for one (I tried a few more and they
all gave the same output)
$ file clip.dv
clip.dv: DIF (DV) movie file (NTSC)

If the original file worked and was reencoded, why would its output file not
work?  Should I try to reencode them differently?  Am I not working with
DV-type2 (AVI) here at all but with raw DV?  And does it matter?
Should i recapture the footage as a different file or in KDEnlive rather
than in Kino?