[Kdenlive-devel] Hardware Requirements

cjubon cjubon at wwwagner.net
Tue Oct 9 07:39:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

for the documentation (German wikibook, in that case), I'd like to add a
short section in the "Get and install" chapter about hardware
requirements. However, I've no idea what to write. It just seems to me
that my dual PIII (2 x 1GHz) is too slow for a jerkyless preview of
effects (mirroring, clip speed).

Could someone be so nice to give me/us some reasonable values regarding
* hard disk (any special requirement, e.g. SATA, for HDV?)
* CPU (min. speed for effects preview?; can kdenlive by itself make use
of smp/multi-core systems?)
* GPU (any special requirements - I don't think so)
* further, one needs a firewire port (USB not working, right?) - that's
it, I think

Thanks in advance,
Simon