[Kdenlive-devel] custom ffmpeg parameters question

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Tue Mar 27 03:27:35 UTC 2007

On Sunday 11 March 2007 1:45 pm, espinosa_cz wrote:
> I currently have a problem with editing an interlaced mpeg2 source and
> exporting it to DVD. I plan to start a separate thread thread for this.

I think kdenlive is not setting the MLT avformat consumer as a
progressive-scan consumer. This causes MLT to retain any interlacing. Then,
there is now way in the avformat consumer to tell ffmpeg to use interlaced
encoding (ilme and ildct).

> There is a suggestion on ffmpeg which might help me:
>
> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/faq.html#SEC22
> 1.21 Interlaced video looks very bad when encoded with ffmpeg, whats wrong?
> You should use '-flags +ilme+ildct' and maybe '-flags +alt' for
> interlaced material, and try '-top 0/1' if the result looks really
> messed-up.
>
> Kdenlive enables to create a custom encoder setting, where you can add
> any export settings recognized by libavcodec (the encoder) - which is

Not "any," just "some." This is a limitation of MLT, which is on the TODO list
to improve.

> excellent - but the format of ffmepg and libavcodec seems to differ. So
> how I can add the suggested flags?

sorry, not available yet

--
+-DRD-+