[Kdenlive-devel] The "audio-slipaway" bug, wiki, etc

Stephane Fillod f8cfe at free.fr
Sun Mar 25 12:22:27 UTC 2007

Fabricio Rocha skribis:
[...]
> 	>> The Forum feature in Sourceforge, from my experience, is not really
> what we would like to have. I tried to set it up for a project of mine,
> but, for example, I can´t get a notification e-mail when someone posts a

If you want a notification e-mail, then this mailing list is just what
you need. With appropriate mail client, you can filter out undesired
threads. The mailing list can be accessed in a "forum manner" through
the archive: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=9048

Speaking for myself, I prefer mailing lists :)

> 	>> I had reported the issue of audio NOT being cut where it was
> supposed to be in the clips taken from a DVD VOB file, resulting in a
> out-of-sync effect after a transition between clips, only in the final
> (exported) movie, in spite of everything OK in Kdenlive timeline.
> Stephane suggested (well, *not* really suggested as a good thing!) that
> converting the VOB DVD file to another format could solve the problem. I
> tried to convert to MPEG4(XviD), but the problem remained. The video
> from clip "A" crossfades perfectly with clip "B", but the audio from
> clip A remains playing, just as if clip A was longer, until an uncertain
> point.

To me, it looks like a problem in the library format processing, but actually
I have no proof. To work around the problem, I choosed an intra-frame
only format, namely DV, but I'm not satisfied with it. I'm still
searching for some other intermediate format, or even better,
a fix of the root cause.

> 	>> I would like to know what do I need for creating a translation of
> Kdenlive to Brazilian Portuguese, which seems to not exist until now. I
> have 0.0% of experience in these matters, even though I have already
> read a little bit about gettext, potfiles and some other related stuff...

Grab the po/kdenlive.pot file (from svn), and copy it to a new file pt_BR.po
Write the translation of msgid in the msgstr line. See
http://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/gui-step-by-step.html
If you fix a fuzzy entry, you have to delete the fuzzy comment line.
While you can do this with a simple text editor, I recommand you to use
KBabel, which has many goodies like syntax verification, spell checker
and integrated dictionnary.

If you need any kind of help, seek advice from your KDE i18n team:
http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=pt_BR

Stéphane