[Kdenlive-devel] Bugs & features

jb jb at ader.ch
Tue Mar 20 16:27:28 UTC 2007

Juan M wrote:
> - When using the Render/Export to DVD option the program is giving an
> error message at the end saying "Creation of DVD structure fails".
> Anyway, when checking, the directories and files are created OK. This
> normally happens when I try to create more than one DVD for the same
> project but rendering again the timeline (not using temporary movie).
> Yes, I previously clean data files in the directory, but I presume
> there's something in the temp directory that is worryng the program.
> Can be ?

Hello!

I just committed several fixes to the dvd export feature. Would be
interested to know if it solves your problems.

> - One suggestion also, is it possible to move the temporary files
> created with this option (the temp movie + xml for dvdauthor) to the
> temporary directory instead of the working directory. As they are
> temporary, I think it's better to be there. And also, can they be
> removed when exiting the program ? Specially the movie file can take a
> lot of disk space !!

Done.
>  - I've noticed also that time to load an existing project has
> increased considerably from version 0.4, even if I unselect the new
> options in the bottom of the screen to see audio & video thumbnails.
> Anybody else is also experiencing this problem ? Is it related with
> changes in the program ?

I worked on this a few days ago and I think it is ok now.

> - Finally, some suggestion on improvements for the menu structure
> (think somebody asked for them):
>
> Options "Toolbars" (for me better to change to "Show toolbars", "Hide
> status bar" and "Full screen view" should be better under the "View"
> option instead of "Settings"
The "Settings" menu seems to be the default place for these actions in
KDE, so I think it's better to leave them here...

> I should change the name "Render" to "Export". Not sure if it's better
> for this option to be stand alone or go under the "File" option. ??
> Also, I should move option "Export current frame" under this "Export"
> subtree and include new options "Render selected zone" and "Render
> selected zone audio" (currently not in menu)
> Finally, I think the "Preview quality" option now under "Monitor"
> should be part of the project settings.
Yes, will try to improve this, thanks for your feedback

regards
jb