[Kdenlive-devel] Bugs & features

Juan M herrej01 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:20:22 UTC 2007

Hi all,

just to share some problems I've experienced and also some ideas on
(possible) improvements.

- When using the Render/Export to DVD option the program is giving an error
message at the end saying "Creation of DVD structure fails". Anyway, when
checking, the directories and files are created OK. This normally happens
when I try to create more than one DVD for the same project but rendering
again the timeline (not using temporary movie). Yes, I previously clean data
files in the directory, but I presume there's something in the temp
directory that is worryng the program. Can be ?

- One suggestion also, is it possible to move the temporary files created
with this option (the temp movie + xml for dvdauthor) to the temporary
directory instead of the working directory. As they are temporary, I think
it's better to be there. And also, can they be removed when exiting the
program ? Specially the movie file can take a lot of disk space !!

- I've noticed also that time to load an existing project has increased
considerably from version 0.4, even if I unselect the new options in the
bottom of the screen to see audio & video thumbnails. Anybody else is also
experiencing this problem ? Is it related with changes in the program ?

- Finally, some suggestion on improvements for the menu structure (think
somebody asked for them):

Options "Toolbars" (for me better to change to "Show toolbars", "Hide status
bar" and "Full screen view" should be better under the "View" option instead
of "Settings"
I should change the name "Render" to "Export". Not sure if it's better for
this option to be stand alone or go under the "File" option. ??
Also, I should move option "Export current frame" under this "Export"
subtree and include new options "Render selected zone" and "Render selected
zone audio" (currently not in menu)
Finally, I think the "Preview quality" option now under "Monitor" should be
part of the project settings.

That's all for now. Comments will be wellcome.

Regards. Juan