[Kdenlive-devel] what can i do? and a suggestion

Salvatore Brigaglia opensourcecat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:01:11 UTC 2007

Dear devs

I'm testing daily kdenlive (both for stability and for my translation) but in
my laptop unfortunately i'v got a "savage" video card that is not the maximum
for testing kdenlive.
I'v got some problems like screen flashes (screen becomes black for less than
a second) when:
adding a clip (text, video, images doesn't matter)
moving a clip on the timeline
adding effects
modifying effects parameter
and any other move that affects video previev/position (you can image the
percentage of this kind of operation).

Apart that the program is gettin more stable day by day and this kind of
problem leave kdenlive still usable. But another thing, more serious, appens
using this video card: I'm not able to see preview on the timeline/clip
monitor when i click "play". I'm able to see effects and transition rendered
but only frame by frame. when i click play i get the audio only.
I'm able to see videos with kaffeine/ffplay/inigo/mplayer (whit some artifacts
on the screen). Do you think that i can do somethin or is an
x11-driver "savage" problem that i cannot solve?

By the way
What about adding a "nice level selector" in the export window (both for dvd
and single file). Is it possible?

Many thanks
--
Salvatore Brigaglia